The role of the Project Manager is to plan, execute, and finalize projects according to strict deadlines and within budget. This includes acquiring resources and coordinating the efforts of team members and third-party contractors or consultants to deliver projects according to plan. The Project Manager will also define the project's objectives and oversee quality control throughout its life cycle.
To apply, email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Dependent on experience, starting at $90,000
Full-time: Monday – Friday 8:00 – 5:00 PM CST
Director of Client Success
March 1, 2021
Medical, Dental, Vision, 401(k), PTO
Strategy & Planning
- Define project scope, functional requirements, goals, and deliverables that support business goals in collaboration with senior management and stakeholders.
- Effectively communicate project expectations to team members and stakeholders in a timely and clear fashion.
- Liaise with project stakeholders on an ongoing basis.
- Set and continually manage project expectations with team members and other stakeholders.
- Plan and schedule project timelines and milestones using appropriate tools.
- Track project milestones and deliverables.
- Determine the frequency and content of status reports from the project team, analyze results, and troubleshoot problem areas.
- Define project success criteria and disseminate them to involved parties throughout project life cycle.
- Conduct project ‘lessons learned’ and create a recommendations report to identify successful and unsuccessful project elements.
- Develop best practices and tools for project execution and management.
- Estimate the resources and participants needed to achieve project goals.
- Draft and submit budget proposals and recommend subsequent budget changes where necessary.
- Determine and assess need for additional staff and/or consultants and assign the appropriate resources.
- Direct and manage project development from beginning to end.
- Develop full-scale project plans and associated communications documents.
- Resource Management – Delegate tasks and responsibilities to appropriate personnel.
- Identify and resolve issues and conflicts within the project team.
- Identify and manage project dependencies and critical path.
- Develop and deliver progress reports, proposals, requirements documentation, and presentations.
- Proactively manage changes in project scope, identify potential crises, and devise contingency plans.
- Coach, mentor, motivate, and supervise project team members and contractors and influence them to take positive action and accountability for their assigned work.
- Resolution of complex technical issues as they arise. Identify risk exposures and their order of magnitude.
- Establish standardized procedures, methods and processes for estimating and training estimating resources.
- Build, develop, and grow any business relationships vital to the success of the project.
Formal Education & Certification
- Bachelor’s degree (IT, Project Management, or Communications preferred).
- Certifications associated with project management (PMP preferred).
Knowledge & Experience
- 2+ years' direct work experience in a project management capacity, including all aspects of process development and execution.
- Experience with project management tools.
- Experience with managing AMS, LMS, CRM and accounting package implementations.
- Demonstrated experience in personnel management.
- Technically competent with industry standard tools (Office, Google Docs, TEAMS, Zoom, etc.)
- Strong communication skills.
- Experience working both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment is essential.
- Can conform to shifting priorities, demands, and timelines through analytical and problem-solving capabilities.
- Reacts to project adjustments and alterations promptly and efficiently.
- Flexible during times of change.
- Ability to work in a virtual environment.
- Ability to read communication styles of team members and contractors who come from a broad spectrum of disciplines.
- Persuasive, encouraging, and motivating.
- Ability to elicit cooperation from a wide variety of sources, including upper management, clients, and other departments.
- Ability to defuse tension among project team, should it arise.
- Ability to bring project to successful completion through political sensitivity.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills. Strengths in relationship building.
- Adept at conducting research into project-related issues and products.
- Must be able to learn, understand, and apply new technologies.
- Customer service skills an asset.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment is crucial.
- Self-motivated, disciplined, master at time management.
- Overtime may be required to meet project deadlines and accommodate different time zones.
- Sitting for extended periods of time.
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, and other devices and objects.
- Physically and remotely able to participate in training sessions, presentations, and meetings.